Saturday, October 6, 2007

A Periodic Table of Visualization Methods

A colleague of mine recently sent me this link. It is a periodic table which shows all the ways that you can visually represent information (i.e. pie chart, histogram, etc.) When you roll your mouse over the visualization method, a window will pop up to visually show you an example of the method. I thought about this table after reading Warlick talk about how to present information in a compelling manner. A lot of the examples in the table may not be applicable to grade school, but I think it might be helpful to many of you nontheless.

A Periodic Table of Visualization Methods

1 comment:

Hiller Spires said...

This is an awesome tool! I wish we could access the templates from the diagram. I guess we would need to create the diagrams from scratch if we wanted to use them. Thanks for sharing this resource.